Sunday, January 10, 2010

Red Foley with his band, doing 'Freight Train Boogie'



I just can't resist sharing some of the great videos I find on YouTube. Thanks to all the great folks who find and post this stuff!
This one features Red Foley and his band playing the Delmore Brother's classic tune 'Freight Train Boogie', live on Red's TV show 'The Ozark Jubilee' in the early 50's. The guitar player is one of my absolute favorites, Grady Martin. Grady was the master of the boogie-style guitar fills and solos, and his simplicity and sense of swing is an inspiration to me when I get all uppity and play too many notes! His double-neck guitar btw was made by the brilliant machinist/woodworker/inventor/visionary Paul Bigsby, who many consider the inventor of the modern electric solid-body guitar. He built this guitar in his garage. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment