Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to Practice, vol 1: Danny Barnes


Hey Folks,
As a regular part of this blog, I'm going to feature/link to comments by some of the great musicians I am privileged to know speaking on the subject of practicing your instrument. As a music teacher, it is just now dawning on me how important it is for me to help students figure out a practice regimen (let alone one for myself). So, to start off we have Danny Barnes. Danny and I recorded an album together many years ago, and he is a very inspiring and wise man with a lot of good ideas about things. This link is to a post on his blog found on the Danny Barnes website, which also features many other articles of interest.
Danny's most recent record is called 'Pizza Box', and I encourage you to check it out. Just paste the link below:

http://www.dannybarnes.com/blog/music-syllabus

Alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment